Amy and her dad

Music has always been in Amy’s life as her Dad used to be in a band, but retired from the music now and working as a removals man and Amy would love to live out his dream for the both of them, “For my Dad I think it would be his dream to see me do well in my singing because he thinks I have the X Factor”. And Dad says, “when she sings she brings a tear to my eye, she has such a beautiful voice”

In the room she goes on to explain to the Judges that she’s doing this to make her Dad, “so so proud of me”, as she goes on to explain why giving back to her Dad means so much, “I had a tough time through the years, my mum died when I was seven, so he’s always been there for me and he’s been like my Mum and my Dad, we have bought each other up and we’ve got a really close relationship.”

Singing There You’ll Be by Faith Hill, it’s not long before Amy’s emotive performance brings Cheryl to tears. After Amy’s emotional performance Cheryl brings her over to the desk for a hug and to tell her that “It sounds like you have been through a lot but I totally believed your performance, I thought you were amazing I believed every word and I loved it.” And even the hard to please Simon is impressed, “you surprised me I didn’t think you’d be as good as that”. With an emotional judging panel, has Amy done enough to make her Dad proud?